Did you know that December is Tomato and Winter Squash Month?
What better way to celebrate than with a few new recipes? Now’s the perfect time to make a warm, comforting dish to get you through the freezing temperatures.
Here are four meals that incorporate tomato or winter squash:
1. Cream of Fresh Tomato Soup
There’s nothing like a bowl of fresh tomato soup on a cold winter’s day. Try this recipe from Food Network:
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 carrots – unpeeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 lbs. vine-ripened tomatoes – coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. tomato …read more