Our talented chef at Sunrise of Smithtown, NY, drew on inspiration from this dish, a variation of a ham and cheese sandwich, and its popularity in Southern Florida.
When presented to our community in Smithtown, it was so well received that it became a regular on the special menu and one of the most highly requested meals.
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 pound loaf Italian bread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup brown mustard
- ½ pound thinly sliced ham
- ½ pound thinly sliced roasted pork shoulder
- ½ pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 4 whole dill pickles, sliced thin
- <span …read more