This dish, a regular menu item at Sunrise of Carmichael, CA, is inspired by Korean barbecue and features thin slices of beef short rib marinated and grilled.
Kalbi, or Galbi, literally means “rib” in Korean and this dish originated in the late 1700s and has been passed down and perfected since then.
- 2 pounds trimmed tri-tip beef
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup sliced green …read more