We got our hands on Sunrise on Providence’s Chef Lamar’s Mississippi Mud Pie recipe! His team recently won 1st place in the dessert category at a Chef War’s competition at Shepherd’s Center Charlotte.
- 2 ¼ cups finely crushed Oreos (place whole cookies in food processor)
- 2 ½ ounces melted Butter
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 ½ ounces semisweet chocolate chips (save ½ ounce for topping)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine crumbs and butter in a bowl.
- Spread evenly into a 9 inch …read more